A flashlight is one of the most important every day carry (EDC) item that we should have with us. Not only does this amazing device light your path but can as well be used as a defense weapon. For this reason, having a dependable and quality tactical flashlight can save you a great deal. The best tactical flashlights are sturdily made, have several outstanding features and last long. In addition, they are very bright and can withstand adverse weather conditions besides being impact resistant.
Choosing the best tactical flashlight can be a daunting task to many. But in this review, we will make your work easier by guiding you on how to land the best tactical flashlight. As well, we discuss the best tactical flashlights that you can pick from. Whatever your intended purpose with the tactical flashlight, be it hunting, work or for military use, selecting the best is vital for your activity. Understand the features that you need and the conditions of your environment to choose a powerful and desirable flashlight.
Features to look for in a great tactical flashlight
- Level of brightness –traditionally, a flashlight is meant for lighting dark places. Light brightness is measured in lumens. So, the higher the lumens, the brighter the flashlight will be. The best flashlights have lumens of more than 800. Some flashlights light faraway places while others cover a broad area. Do you want a flashlight that lights only your path or covers the entire field? Before picking a flashlight of your choice, know the kind of brightness it emits.
- Run time – How long will the flashlight remain being bright? The run time of a flashlight is really crucial. You wouldn’t want a flashlight that can’t sustain you through your job such as when fishing or in a camp. Choose a flashlight with a long or high run time for longer use.
- Batteries – Another key feature of a great flashlight is its batteries. The type of batteries a flashlight uses should be as well greatly considered. Most flashlights use rechargeable batteries which are easily available and perform well. Such batteries include; AA, AAA or CR123 lithium ion batteries. Apart from being easily available, they are also economical.
- Construction – a tactical flashlight should be strong enough to sustain you through hard situations. The best material for a flashlight is military grade anodized aluminum. This material is rugged, impact resistant and corrosion resistant. It has the capability to survive through hard situations like crashing on the wall, falling on rocks and other tricky conditions. As well, it is water resistant.
- Light modes – If you want to fully utilize a tactical flashlight, pick the one with different light modes. Most of the flashlight comprise of three modes which are low, medium and high. For longer performance, you need to constantly use the medium mode. Other top brands have the SOS and strobe modes which are used for blinding enemies in case of an attack or ambush.
- Weight – Look for a lighter flashlight which you can move or carry easily. It should be ergonomically designed and sturdily made to perform better. A lightweight flashlight is easy to store as an EDC and makes carrying it be fun even when not in use.
- Durability – whether you are an outdoorsmen, hunter or policeman, getting a durable and long lasting flashlight is important. A durable flashlight should be able to withstand all situations and at the same time perform exceptionally well.
Below is a list of people who benefit from a flashlight:
- Outdoor enthusiast
- Night fishing
- Law enforcement
Are you a hiker, fisherman, outdoorsmen, or law enforcer? All you need to facilitate your task efficiently is a powerful and high performing tactical flashlight. With several top brands in the market, picking the best can sometimes be a challenge to many. Our top 10 list of the best tactical flashlights currently in the market was exceptionally created after a broad research and use of the several great flashlights by our team. They have outstanding features, come at a great price and can make a difference between life and death. These are as follows:
The best 10 tactical flashlights to own
EcoGear FX tactical flashlight
The Ecorgear FX tactical flashlight is a ultra bright LED flashlight with more than 1200 lumens. This flashlight is built with a highly durable material which is aircraft grade aluminum alloy. In addition, it’s ergonomically made to fit in your hand comfortably as you go about your night activities. It is powered by two rechargeable batteries with a rapid charger. For greater performance, it has a zoom function with 5 different modes to change to your desirability. Whether you are a hunter, fisherman, hiker or military man, you don’t have to worry about the durability of this flashlight as it’s both impact and water resistant.
- Has a soft touch on/off button for switching the light modes
- Built with high quality CREE XML T6 LED chip
- Made of aluminum alloy construction
- Has a special reflector for better light output
- Lasts long with the sturdy construction
- Very bright flashlight with over 120 lumens
- Five different lighting modes enables you adjust light in different environments for various uses.
Solaray Pro ZX – 2 professional series flashlight
Solary pro is a high end tactical flashlight that can be relied on in tough situations. This flashlight is very powerful as it has a ultra bright XML T6 CREE super silicon carbide LED chip. As well, it is strongly constructed with top quality aircraft grade aluminum that is very durable and resistant from water. It is also powered by 18650 lithium ion battery that comes with a super charger. Other important features include the zoom focus and 5 different lighting modes that allow you change the brightness to your likeness. This flashlight is ideal for camping, survival, hiking and fishing.
- Made of aircraft grade aluminum
- XML TG CREE super silicon carbide single die LED chip
- Adjustable zoom with 5 light modes
- Maximum of 1200 lumens
- Its super bright with 1200 lumens
- Highly durable as its made from aircraft grade aluminum material
- 5 light modes for different lightings
Fenix PD35 TAC Tactical flashlight
Fenix is one of the top brands when it comes to quality flashlights. The Fenix PD35 tactical flashlight has some outstanding features that any outdoor or law enforcer would love greatly. It is super bright with over 1000 lumens. Unlike other high quality flashlight, the Fenix PD 35 can run for long hours as it has a lifespan of 50, 000 hours. A unique feature of this flashlight is the tactical tail switch with a momentary – on function. For improved brightness, it comprises a CREE XP-L LED which is really powerful. Other crucial features include; two Edison bright CR123A lithium batteries and one rechargeable Li-ion battery.
- Tactical tail switch
- Maximum of 1000 lumens
- 5 different light modes
- Created with aircraft grade aluminum
- Very bright with a maximum of 1000 lumens
- Highly durable as its constructed from aircraft grade aluminum
- Its water and scratch resistant
Streamlight 88040 Professional tactical light
Similar to its name, the streamline 88040 professional flashlight is ergonomically created to excellently fit in your hands as you execute. Furthermore, it has 3 different performing modes from which you can choose. For better brightness when in very dark areas, it has a C4 LED technology. The black colored flashlight has an LED solid state power regulation that gives you maximum light output during its battery life. Another crucial feature of this awesome flashlight is that it’s water resistant and can be applied on adverse weather conditions.
- Three different performing modes
- Resistant to water
- C4 LED technology
- Has anti-roll face cap
- Extremely bright with the C4 LED technology
- Has three different modes for better functionality
- Ergonomically designed for comfort and ease of handling
Surefire G2X Series Flashlight
The surefire G2X is one of the best tactical flashlights in the market. It is excellently built with a tough nitrolon body and anodized aluminum bezel. Other strongly built feature includes the tough polycarbonate window. The rugged flashlight is as well lightweight and easy to carry everywhere you go. In addition, it has a very powerful LED that produces more than 320 lumens which is very bright. Another great feature of this tactical flashlight is the tactical tail cap switch which controls the light output. For greater brightness, it has a really accurate micro textured reflector that brings a smooth beam.
- Made of tough nitrolon body
- Maximum lumens of 320
- Tactical tailcap switch for changing light
- Micro textured reflector
- Durable with the high end finish
- Ergonomically designed for tactical use
- Really bright with over 320 lumens
Vizeri Cree XML T6 Tactical Flashlight
The Vizeri tactical flashlight is one of the feature packed flashlight to buy in the market. As simple as this flashlight appears to be, it’s a great tactical device that can be used by law enforcers, military, hunters or even fishermen. It is exceptionally built with a CREE T6 XML LED to provide you with a great brightness. In addition, it comes with 5 different modes that enable you adjust light as per your preference or use. These light modes include; low, medium, high, strobe and SOS modes. To power this amazing flashlight, it has two power options which include AAA or CR123 alkaline batteries. When you buy this flashlight, you get lamp diffuser and holster with a D-ring. Last but not least, the flashlight is built with high quality military grade aluminum that is extremely durable and resistant to water.
- Military grade aluminum body
- CREE T6 XML LED chip
- 5 different light modes
- Focusing lens
- Highly durable
- Very bright
- Has various light modes for different purposes
DAX tactical LED flashlight
The DAX tactical flashlight is one of the best performing flashlights in the market. It comes with a flashlight kit and features that many would love to have. This incredible flashlight is built with highly durable aircraft grade aluminum alloy. Also, it has a ridged head design that can be used to break glasses. This flashlight is very powerful as it contains 1200 lumens with a CREE XM-L2 chip. To change the light as you wish, it comes with 5 different adjustable modes. It as well has a hard anodized finish which makes the flashlight to be water resistant and shock proof. To power the flashlight, it uses 2 high output 18650 lithium ion batteries and has a dual cordless charger. If you’re a hunter, hiker, or outdoorsmen, this is a very great flashlight for you.
- Has five light modes
- 12000 lumen
- Aircraft grade aluminum alloy body
- Ridged head design
- Very durable
- It’s really bright with a maximum of 1200 lumens
- Great design for high performance and easy handling
- Its water resistant
TAC10 Gear tactical flashlight
If you’re looking for a high performing flashlight for the money, then the TAC10 gear tactical flashlight is what you should opt for. This simple but powerful flashlight is extremely bright with a maximum lumen of 1200. It also comprises of a super bright CREE LED XML – T6 light that makes it to brighten more. Other great features include; 5 different operating modes which are; low, medium, high, strobe and SOS modes. It as well has a zoom focus for adjusting to concentrate light at the area of your preference. To power the flashlight, it comes with 2 lithium ion batteries and a dual battery charger. Unlike many flashlights in the market, the TAC10 tactical flashlight comes with a 100% customer’s satisfaction and one year warranty on purchase.
- CREE LED XML – T6 chip
- 5 different operating modes
- Maximum of 1200 lumens
- Zoom focus for concentration on a particular spot
- It’s very super bright
- It’s very durable and long lasting
- Has 1 year warranty
J5 tactical flashlight
The J5 tactical flashlight is a low priced flashlight that performs extremely well. It is a heavy duty and compact flashlight that can be handled with ease as you move from place to place. The very bright flashlight has a maximum of 400 lumens and a great beam of bright light to a maximum of 800 ft. It also has 5 different modes which include; light, intelligent, low, high, and strobe modes. It as well operates on 3 standard AAA batteries. This flashlight is great for use during fishing, hunting, and as well camping.
- Has different operating modes
- A maximum of 40 lumens
- Heavy duty construction
- Highly durable
- Compact for better performance
- Different modes to change to desirable light mode
Outlite tactical flashlight
This is the best seller on Amazon when it comes to the best lowly priced tactical flashlights. It is perfectly designed for easy handling when in operation. In addition, this excellent flashlight has 5 light modes to enable you change the light settings appropriately. As well, it has an amazing LED chip that makes it to be super bright. Another wonderful feature of this tactical flashlight is the adjustable focus that allows the user to light intensely at their preferred spot. Lastly, it is properly designed to resist water and ensures its longevity.
- Has 5 different light modes
- Skid proof and water resistant design
- Has adjustable focus
- Its super bright with a great LED chip
- Wonderfully designed for great performance
- Available at an inexpensive price
- Has adjustable focus to light excellently your preferred spot
Now that you’ve read our awesome and informational best tactical flashlight review, selecting a wonderful flashlight for your task shouldn’t be a challenge at all. We know it’s not easy to pick the best flashlight with the many brands in the market. But with our review, you now have a clue on what to look for when searching for the best tactical flashlight. Some of the key features to look for are; number of lumens, body material, weight, run time, and durability. Depending on your use, you should consider features that are more pressing and get a flashlight that ranges within your budget. Of course the best quality flashlight are bit pricey but can be the best to acquire. Pick from our list or use our data to acquire a great tactical flashlight.